The pipe mill at Hazira is one of India's finest, with a capacity of 0.6 MTPA and the only one in the country with an integrated raw material source. The API-certified pipes find wide acceptance and approval from international oil and gas majors.
The pipe coating unit has an annual external coating capacity of 2 million square meters and an annual internal coating capacity of 1 million square meters. It deploys external coatings such as fusion bonded epoxy (FBE), dual layer FBE, 3 LPE, 3 LPP and polyurethane to prevent corrosion, as well as liquid epoxy solvent base and solvent-free internal coating to improve product flow.
Quality enhancing features include
• Produces high strength line pipe grades, up to X80 .
• H-SAW and L-SAW manufacturing
• Inside and outside welding by automatic SAW.
• Continuous tack welding
• A well-equipped testing laboratory helping ensure compliance with international standards: ultrasonic testing, real-time radiography (fluoroscopy), hydro-tester and final ultrasonic testing (automatic weld cut).
• External and internal coating facilities.
• Shot blasted and painted pipes.
• A fully automatic expander with a CNC machine that minimizes residual stresses and improves mechanical properties, ensuring tight and uniform control on dimensions.
• End bevelling