Hot Rolled Coils/ Sheets/ Plates
Our hot rolling mills at Hazira, in Gujarat, with a rated capacity of 8.6 MTPA, include a conventional hot strip mill and a modern compact strip mill. The mills produce a wide range of high strength hot-rolled products, in sizes ranging from 0.8 mm to 20 mm with a variety of applications.
The strip mill is the only plant in the world to have three ironmaking technologies at a single location– Midrex, Blast Furnace, and Corex. The combination of two routes- Direct Reduced Iron and Electric Arc Furnace- ensures we produce cleaner steel, suited for high end segments like automotive and defense.
Our hot rolled strip mill offers the following features
• It is one of the widest mills in India, rolling coils up to a width of 2,000 mm.
• The 1.2 MTPA hot skin pass mill produces a superior surface shape and finish.
• Level 2 automation improves rolling parameters on an iterative basis.
• A surface detection system has been installed at both the conventional hot strip mill and the compact strip mill. \
• Ours is the only integrated steel mill to have a pickling facility up to a thickness of 12 mm.
• Our coil mills are strategically connected to a railway, highway and major port, ensuring efficient consignment throughout India and to export markets.